Strategy Manager (A&AS) at Deloitte, South Africa
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com
Description of the Actuarial and Analytics Solutions (A&AS)
The Actuarial and Analytics Solutions (A&AS) team is part of the larger Strategy & Innovation service area. Our business strategy part of the business is focused within the life science and healthcare industries. Business strategy services help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. In today’s changing global economy, businesses need trusted advisors. Because our team at Deloitte take the time to understand our clients’ business as well as the industries in which they operate, we can help them identify major risks and opportunities over and above traditional life science and healthcare business models. The A&AS team offers a wealth of consulting and analytical solutions to various industries and sectors to develop unique insights and unlock data-driven value for clients. The A&AS team is able to justify business strategy using numerous analytical tools, techniques and models.
Our services include:
- Business strategy
- Life science and healthcare consulting
- Actuarial solutions
- Audit assurance
- Data analytics
A&AS can give you a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customise aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. Also, our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard. Our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives.
Job title :Strategy Manager (A&AS)
A degree that provides you the opportunity to increase your analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
A degree in any of the following would be a distinct advantage:
- Business Sciences
- Business Administration (MBA or equivalent)
- Advanced mathematics
Minimum 4 years’ working experience within Strategy, ideally in a consulting environment or related field
Experience in strategy and management consulting
Experience with presenting and solution development at C-suite level
Preferred Experience :
- Postgraduate qualification
- Life Sciences and Healthcare industry experience
Roles and Responsibilities of the Strategy Manager (A&AS)
- Managing and leading teams’ effective analysis of data, identification of issues; creating and testing hypotheses and developing and communicating recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- Guiding teams in selecting and applying the most appropriate tools, techniques and approaches to deliver client work.
- Supporting, managing and leading team members.
- Hypothesis driven solution development.
- Business research and analysis.
- Communication and presentations to C-suite.
- Preparation of underlying materials, leading/participation in workshops.
- Logical and systematic approach to solving analytical tasks.
- Identify information sources, gather and interpret data, execute analysis and present findings.
- Strategic Impact – Under guidance, supports the A&AS team in delivery to client in area of competency.
- Budgets / Profitability.
- Ability to operate in an agile environment and ability to take direction from stream lead and/or project lead.
Living our Purpose
- Fosters broad commitment to our purpose and values; inspires peers and teams to make an impact that matters
- Manages the development of a strong pipeline of talent for current/ future success; owns and drives a talent experience that differentiates Deloitte
- Builds a high performance culture by cultivating individual and team strengths; drives outstanding client service, often through large cross-business and/or cross-border teams
- Builds long-term, trust-based relationships with senior stakeholders and influencers, and uses highly developed influencing skills to drive impact, often in complex situations
- Sets & communicates strategic direction, excites people around the vision and goals and aligns diverse, cross-functional and cross-border teams to achieve success
- Anticipates market and competitor trends to develop and deliver bold and innovative solutions that differentiate Deloitte with clients.
- Leads from the front, acting as an exemplary role model for leaders at all levels; promotes a strong sense of loyalty and followership and energizes others to act
Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Selects appropriate methods for collecting and analyzing large and complex data sets to extract insights and support solutions.
Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
Hybrid & Vaccination policy
Deloitte Africa has successfully launched the Hybrid Working model. Aligned with this model is our commitment to maintain an environment for personnel, clients and visitors that is safe and, as far as reasonably practicable, free from health risks.
Medical evidence provides overwhelming and empirical evidence that vaccination is currently the most effective means of preventing the spread of COVID-19 and reducing the likelihood of serious illness, death, transmissions and infections. More information about our mandatory vaccination policy will be discussed during the recruitment process for this position.