Postdoctoral Researcher in Precision Dairy Science at ETH Zurich, Switzerland
The Group of Animal Nutrition is seeking a motivated, team-oriented postdoctoral researcher in precision dairy science at ETH Zurich, Switzerland whose experience and interests focus on precision dairy farming. The successful candidate will work actively with the team to develop a research program that uses technological and data-driven approaches to measure physiological, behavioral, and production indicators with the goal of optimizing production efficiencies and food quality, management strategies, and improving the sustainability of dairy farms and livestock systems as a whole.
About ETH Zurich
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in science and technology. We are renowned for our excellent education, cutting-edge fundamental research, and direct transfer of new knowledge into society. Over 30,000 people from more than 120 countries find our university to be a place that promotes independent thinking and an environment that inspires excellence. Located in the heart of Europe, yet forging connections all over the world, we work together to develop solutions for the global challenges of today and tomorrow.
We develop exciting and future-oriented projects in a highly motivated research group that is equipped with excellent experimental and laboratory facilities. These are provided at the research center AgroVet-Strickhof (www.agrovet-strickhof.ch/en) which is where the successful candidates will be located. Scientific writing and participation in scientific conferences are very much supported. The starting date of the successful applicants is flexible.
In line with our values, ETH Zurich encourages an inclusive culture. We promote equality of opportunity, value diversity, and nurture a working and learning environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staff and students are respected. Visit our Equal Opportunities and Diversity website to find out how we ensure a fair and open environment that allows everyone to grow and flourish.
Read also: 43 Postdoctoral Fellowships at Lund University, Sweden
Postdoctoral Researcher in Precision Dairy Science: Job Description
You are expected to conduct interdisciplinary research in the area of precision dairy science. Affinity for animal experiments and data analysis work is essential. Depending on the suitable research project, the job duties include,
- Develop and conduct research projects;
- Writing scientific manuscripts;
- Supervision of graduate students;
- Develop and conduct teaching activities.
Eligibility Requirements for the Postdoctoral Researcher
- A Ph.D. in Animal Science, Dairy Science, or a closely related field is required for this position.
- Applicants are required to have Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate and be able to provide evidence that all requirements have been met prior to the effective date of hire.
- Postdoctoral or industry experience is preferred.
- Written skills are important and one must be able to effectively write scientific manuscripts.
- Experience in statistical analysis and programming is preferable.
Interested applicants must upload the following documents through the ETH Zurich online application portal.
- A complete Curriculum Vitae
- Official transcripts
- A statement (up to 1,000 words) describing your motivation, experience, and planned contributions to the position
- Names, affiliation, and contact details for 3 individuals willing to act as a reference
- Ph.D. or Doctoral dissertation as a pdf file (if available)
Contact Prof. Niu ([email protected]) for further questions. Applications will be reviewed immediately and are accepted until the position is filled.
Please note applications sent via email or postal services will not be considered.
For recruitment services, the GTC of ETH Zurich applies.
How to apply for the Postdoctoral Researcher Position in Precision Dairy Science
Please interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Read Also: Postdoctoral Research Assistant Position in Food Science – University of Reading
Leave a Reply