[Job] Sr Statistical Programmer – EU or South Africa
Get to know Syneos Health
Syneos Health® (Nasdaq: SYNH) is the only biopharmaceutical solutions organization purpose-built to accelerate customer success. We lead with a product development mindset, strategically integrating clinical development, medical affairs, and commercial capabilities to address modern market realities.
We bring together approximately 28,000 minds, across more than 110 countries, with a deep understanding of patient and physician behaviors and market dynamics. Together we share insights, use the latest technologies and apply advanced business practices to speed our customers’ delivery of important therapies to patients.
Syneos Health supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture that cares for colleagues, customers, patients, communities, and the environment.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self-culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self-culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to caring for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health – physical, mental, and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together a diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
Job ID: 21009167
Job title: Senior Statistical Programmer
Location: Europe – ZAF-Home-Based
- Use SAS or other software to develop custom programming code to generate summary tables, data listings, graphs, and derived datasets as specified in the statistical analysis plan and programming specifications.
- Work to ensure that outputs meet quality standards and project requirements.
- Perform validation programming and works with other Programmers, Biostatisticians, and other project team members to resolve discrepancies or any findings.
- Keep project team members informed of programming progress and issues requiring their attention.
- Follow applicable SOPs, WIs, and relevant regulatory guidelines (e.g. ICH).
- Maintain well-organized, complete, and up-to-date project documentation, testing, and verification/quality control documents and programs ensuring inspection readiness.
- Manage scheduling and time constraints across multiple projects at a time, sets goals based on priorities from management, and adapt to timeline or priority changes by reorganizing daily workload.
- Develop specifications for datasets and outputs of any complexity according to statistical and sponsor requirements. Anticipates and addresses potential programming issues, reflects forethought, establishes the basis for efficient programming, and accurately defines all variables to be accepted by peer review and sponsor/requestor with little rework.
- Prepare in advance for internal meetings, contributes ideas, and demonstrate respect for the opinions of others.
- Conduct effective internal meetings (appropriate in format, frequency, and attendance). Distributes relevant information in advance. Ensures minutes are promptly and accurately distributed. Follows action items through to completion, and maintains order and focus of meetings, working toward consensus.
- Display willingness to work with others and assist with projects and initiatives as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Negotiate and establishes accurate time estimates for completion of study programming activities with internal team members and statistical programming management, and complete project programming activities within the timeframe allotted.
• Acts as the lead statistical programmer. Directs the programming activities of other programming personnel and monitors progress on programming deliverables.
• Reviews project documentation such as Statistical Analysis Plan, mock shells, programming specifications, annotated CRFs, and SAS database design. Provides feedback to the appropriate project team members which reflects forethought and reduces inefficiencies in programming activities.
• Participates in sponsor meetings, kickoff meetings, and bid defense meetings as statistical programming representative, as required by the sponsor.
• Contributes to the mentoring of programming personnel through developing training courses, presenting training materials, reviewing work, and providing feedback or guiding new associates in the process.
• Transfers deliverables.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
• Minimal travel may be required
Preference will be given to those from previously disadvantaged groups that meet the minimum requirements of the position
What we’re looking for
• Undergraduate degree, preferably in a scientific or statistical discipline; instead of a degree, an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated programming experience.
• Extensive programming experience in SAS or other required software, preferably in a clinical trial environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
Successful candidates could be eligible for a 100,000 ZAR sign-on bonus
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so the qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes equivalent to the qualifications described above.
Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, concerning the recruitment and employment of its employees.
The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply here
Please share and Goodluck!