Intern at Nestlé – Dairy Science and Technology
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about innovation and new technologies and shows a ‘can-do attitude’ to support scientific research projects in the area of nutrient delivery (health benefits).
Nestlé Konolfingen near Bern / Switzerland develops for Nestlé worldwide, new innovative products, processes and packaging concepts in the areas of Dairy and Nutrition. In addition, it also provides technical assistance to our factories.
Internship, 12 months,
Activity rate, 100%,
Start date, June 2022
Job Responsibilities as an Intern at Nestlé – Dairy Science and Technology
- Collaborate in research and development projects under the supervision of Nestlé scientists.
- Develop scientific understanding of nutrient delivery of vitamins and bioactives.
- Establish in-vitro digestion protocol for dairy-based and / or plant-based products containing vitamins and bioactives.
- Determine contents of bioactive compounds by means of instrumental analyses e.g. spectrometry, LC-MS, HPLC.
- Validate scientific hypothesis and generate knowledge through understanding of the in vitro digestion process.
- Scale-up laboratory prototypes to pilot scale and deliver proof of concept in food products.
- Document, analyse and present results in technical notes/ reports and internal presentations.
- Perform literature search related to above mentioned topics.
- Master or Bachelor degree in Food Chemistry/ Chemistry, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Food Sciences or related sciences.
- Experimental design skills with laboratory experience.
- Experience in analytics of vitamins and/or bioactives is a PLUS.
- Autonomous, strong problem solving capability, structured and proactive.
- Ability to manage diverse topics in parallel.
- Good written and oral English communication skills, basic German is an asset.
How to apply
Interested applicants should Click here to apply