Funded PhD studentship in Smart Water Distribution System Management at Concordia University, Canada.
Rebecca Dziedzic, PhD is currently recruiting PhD students for projects related to Smart Water Distribution System Management to begin September 2022.
I look for highly motivated students that are passionate about research. Diversity and inclusion is key to team success. All qualified individuals, including women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, members of sexual minorities, persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to diversification are encouraged to apply.
Funding is available for two specific topics:
- Integrated pipe maintenance, renewal and design optimization
- Real-time water distribution system operation
Funding for the PhD studentship in Smart Water Distribution System Management at Concordia University, Canada
All students are encouraged to apply for independent funding. Applicants interested in areas other than those being recruited for may contact me to discuss writing a proposal together.
- Experience in the water sector, preferably related to water distribution and/or asset management
- Working knowledge of python, machine learning and hydraulic modelling
- Knowledge of GIS is an asset
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Civil, Building, Environmental Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant field;
- GPA of 3.7 or higher
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English;
- Dilligent and detail oriented;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team.
How to apply for the Funded PhD studentship in Smart Water Distribution System Management.
Interested candidates should email [email protected] with the subject “PhD Smart Water Management”, attaching the following items:
- Detailed CV
- One-page cover letter describing your fit for the position
- Samples of publications