Funded PhD position in Food Microbiology is currently open for application at Laval University, Quebec in Canada.
Valorization of fruits and fruit co-products through the development of active supplements with high added value intended for animal and human nutrition.
Description of the PhD Position in Food Microbiology
The studies on the content of active compounds in certain fruits and fruit co products, their structure and their functionality will allow us to target eco-responsible approaches for their valorization and their application as functional supplements in humans and animals. The perspective PhD student will conduct research to
- characterize the physicochemical, microbiological properties of fruits co-products,
- develop microbial bioconversion processes for the enrichment and production of nutritional supplements with very high added value,
- study digestibility and bioavailability and the impact of supplements on the composition and dynamics of the colonic microbiota.
This position is under the supervision of Dr. Ismail Fliss at the department of Food Science at Laval University (Québec-Canada) and funded by CRIBIQ, RITA and METABIOLAC for 21,000$/year.
- Research-based MSc in Food Science/Food Microbiology and closely related field
- Research experience in Food Science/Food Microbiology
- Experience in metagenomics studies will be considered an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (French or English)
Application Procedure for the PhD Position in Food Microbiology.
Interested candidates should email the following documents below: [email protected]
- An up-to-date CV (up to 2 pages)
- A cover letter describing any relevant background/qualifications/ experience (one page)
- Example of previous research (MSc thesis or publications)
The subject line of your email should be of the format PhD Applicant LASTNAME.
The deadline of application is 31st August 2022.
Please share and Goodluck.