Funded PhD Position in Finance at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands
The Finance department at the School of Business and Economics, Vrije Universiteit (VU) Amsterdam seeks a highly-motivated PhD candidate in the area of sustainable finance.
Application Deadline: 12th May, 2022.
About Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands
The ambition of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is to contribute to a better world through outstanding education and ground-breaking research as well as striving to become a place where personal development and commitment to society play a leading role.
The university is a place where people from different disciplines and backgrounds collaborate to achieve innovations and to generate new knowledge. Additionally, its teaching and research encompass the entire spectrum of academic endeavor – from the humanities, the social sciences and the natural sciences through to the life sciences and the medical sciences.
Read also :Funded PhD Studentship in Human Stem Cell-Derived Dendritic Cells for Immunotherapy at Newcastle University
School of Business and Economics
The School of Business and Economics (SBE) provides high-quality education and excellent research in business administration and economics with a focus on contributing to the social, economic and ecological challenges of our time.
Whether it is the use of robots in society or big data, labour market participation or flexibility in the labour market, traffic jams or the housing market, flash crashes in the stock market or choice behaviour in gambling, leadership or change management: we believe in goal-oriented scientific research and understand that progress in academics, the business community and society is achieved through cooperation, openness and social responsibility.
At SBE, all of our highly-motivated colleagues work together closely in a stimulating, dynamic and international environment to achieve our collective goal of encouraging society to make informed choices. Approximately 7,000 Bachelor’s and Master’s students and 1,700 executive students are enrolled at the School, and employs roughly 600 people.
With more than 30 faculty members the department of finance conducts world-leading research in major fields of finance. Being located in Amsterdam’s financial center, the “Zuidas”, we also have close connections to the financial industry and policy makers in the Netherlands.
In teaching, we cover a range of programmes. Our flagship programmes are the MSc Finance, which has been ranked as best Finance Master in the Netherlands by the national student survey for 5 years in a row, the Financial Management programme and three selective MSc Duisenberg Honours Programmes.
We also teach finance courses in different Bachelor programmes and the department of Finance regularly contributes to specialized research oriented master programmes of the Tinbergen Institute (MPhil Finance). Our group has a diverse cultural background and works in a very international environment
Description of the PhD Position in Finance at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands
The candidate will conduct independent, high-quality business research, supervised by a team of professors, and incorporate the research findings in a doctoral dissertation in the field of sustainable finance/corporate finance.
This PhD position is a full-time position for a period of four years. You will spend 80% of your time on research and 20% on teaching. The exact details of your schedule will be determined in close consultation between you, and your supervisors.
The school provides opportunities to attend conferences, meet other international researchers, and participate in various training modules that support PhD candidates’ knowledge and skills development.
- Perform high-quality research in the field of sustainable finance.
- Follow relevant PhD-level courses at the Tinbergen Institute or the Amsterdam Business Research Institute.
- Assist in teaching activities of the finance department (e.g., bachelor theses supervision).
- Applicants should have a Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Business Economics, or a related discipline. A research degree (e.g., MRes, MPhil) is not a requirement; however, graduating from a program with a solid research training will be considered an advantage.
- Applicants should have quantitative and qualitative research skills (sending an example of your previous research, e.g. Master thesis would help).
- Applicants should be proficient in written and spoken English.
What we offer in the Funded PhD Position in Finance
A challenging position in a socially involved organization. Notably, the salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel and amounts €2, 443 (PhD) per month during the first year and increases to €3,111 (PhD) per month during the fourth year, based on a full-time employment.
Also, the appointment will initially be for 1 year. After a satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, the contract will be extended for a duration of 4 years.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment,
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus,
- solid pension scheme (ABP),
- a wide range of sports facilities which staff may use at a modest charge,
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
Read also : Funded PhD Position within Food Science and Microbiology at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Norway
Interested candidates should lease apply via the apply here link below and upload the following documents before May 12, 2022
- Curriculum Vitae
- One page letter explaining your motivation for pursuing a PhD
- Academic diplomas (in the original language and with a certified translation in English)
- Academic transcripts (lists of grades, in the original language and with certified translation in English)
- One letter of recommendation.
- Academic paper (e.g., Master thesis or article)
- IELTS/TOEFL test results (for non-Dutch citizens who are not English native speakers and for whom the language of instruction during the MSc was not English)
- If available: GMAT/GRE test results (for applicants with a master diploma from a university outside the Netherlands)
How to apply for the Funded PhD Position in Finance
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
Application Deadline: 12th May, 2022
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: dr. Tanja Artiga Gonzalez
Position: Assistant Professor
E-mail: [email protected]
Leave a Reply