Funded Graduate Teaching Assistantship at the University of Leicester
The Business School is offering fully-funded Graduate Teaching Assistant PhD Studentship starting in September 2022.
The Graduate Teaching Assistantship is available for full-time registration and payable as a full UK tuition fee waiver for four years subject to annual progress review. The successful applicant will also receive a combined annual stipend and salary package (currently £15,609 for 2021/2 – 2022/3 rates still to be announced).
Application deadline: 25 April 2022
Start date: 26 September 2022
About Graduate Teaching Assistantships
This is a Graduate Training Assistantship (GTA), which means that you will be required to do some teaching as part of your training and will facilitate student participation in their learning through tutorials and seminars geared towards effective development of knowledge and the application of principles set out in lectures and module materials. GTAs allow research students to fund their PhD through part-time teaching work with the University.
A Graduate Teaching Assistant is responsible to the Head of School and is expected to undertake teaching or other duties within the School – not normally exceeding 8-10 contact hours per week – while undertaking research leading to a PhD. Training is provided to help Graduate Teaching Assistants develop their teaching related skills and enhance their professional competencies.
We welcome applications in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Marketing and Business Analytics, Strategy, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Work and Employment, Management and Operations.
- Information concerning staff research interests may be found at: Economics and Management
- Applicants should prepare their Research proposal using our Proposal Form
- Please also refer to the application advice in the sections below before submitting your application.
This 4-year Graduate Teaching Assistant Studentship provides:
- 4 years Tuition fees at the UK fee rates
- Annual combined stipend and salary package totalling £16,062 per year for 4 years
Applicants are required to hold a UK Bachelor Degree with at least a 2:1 and a Master’s Degree or overseas equivalent.
The University of Leicester English language requirements apply.
Please email enquiries to [email protected]
How to apply for the Funded Graduate Teaching Assistantship at the University of Leicester.
To apply, please select the Management or Economics ‘Apply‘ button below depending on your choice of research and then select September 2022.
Look at supervisor’s research interests and prepare your proposal
- We welcome applications in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Marketing and Business Analytics, Strategy, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Work and Employment, Management and Operations. Information concerning staff research interests may be found at: Economics and Management
- Prepare you Research proposal using our Proposal Form
With your application, please include:
- In the proposal section please provide the name of the your proposed project supervisor and the project title and upload your Research Proposal Form
- Personal statement explaining, briefly, your interest in the project and your experience
- Degree Certificates and Transcripts of study already completed and if possible transcript to date of study currently being undertaken
- Evidence of English language proficiency, if applicable
- In the reference section please enter the contact details of your two academic referees in the boxes provided or upload letters of reference if already available.
In the funding section please specify School of Business GTA.
The studentship is open to UK and International* applicants.
* refer to funding section
Read also: Funded PhD studentship in Smart Water Distribution System Management at Concordia University, Canada
Leave a Reply