Fully Funded Ph.D. position in performance-based wind design of tall buildings at McGill University, Canada
One Ph.D. position is available in the research group of incoming assistant professor Dr. Matiyas Bezabeh at McGill University, Montreal, Canada. The prospective Ph.D. student will work on research at the intersection of wind and structural engineering, i.e. performance-based wind design of tall buildings.
The position is fully-funded (including tuition and stipend) and will remain open until filled. The expected start date is Winter 2023.
Qualifications required for the fully funded Ph.D. position:
- MS in Civil (Structural) or Wind Engineering
- Strong background in using OpenSees or other finite element software
- Programming skills in at least one of the following language: (A) Python, (b) C++, (c) MATLAB
- Research experience in the area of wind or structural engineering
- Familiarity with probabilistic methods and structural reliability analysis
- At least one scholarly publication in the areas of wind or structural engineering (submitted or published).
How to apply for the fully funded Ph.D. position
Motivated and interested candidates are encouraged to send an email with the title “Prospective Ph.D. student- McGill” to Dr. Bezabeh ([email protected]), including the following attachments:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial BS and MS transcripts
- A short letter of interest (limi- to one page) describing relevant experience, interest, and fit for the research mentioned above.
Application Deadline: 15th July, 2022.
Note: In only reply to the selected for further evaluations due to the large number of emails I receive.