Amazon launches a new Postdoctoral Science Program for recent PhD graduates, that provides a formal avenue to gain industry experience, apply their subject matter expertise, and gain mentorship from established Amazon scientists.
Postdoctoral scientists will explore new research ideas, accelerate scientific innovation and impact, and publish their work in peer-reviewed scientific literature. The Amazon Postdoctoral Science (APS) program is designed for individuals who received their PhD in the past two years and want to gain industry experience.
Additionally, the program advances postdoctoral scientists’ career development through industry exposure, publishing research, and mentorship from the Amazon Science community.
Who We are Looking for in the Amazon Postdoctoral Science (APS) Program?
Applications are accepted from postdoctoral candidates in research areas including, but not limited to, the following:
- computer science,
- computer vision,
- conversational AI,
- data science,
- fairness in AI,
- machine learning,
- machine translation,
- operations research and optimization,
- natural language processing,
- search and information retrieval,
- responsible AI, and
- robotics AI.
Read Also: Research Associates/Postdoc positions (Soil Chemistry) at the TU Darmstadt, Germany
Participants in the APS program are located in the same city as their respective team. Amazon has research hubs in cities around the globe; please reference specific postdoc positions for team location information.
APS roles are full-time, one-year commitments; postdocs cannot have dual employment during their time at Amazon.
The basic qualifications for the program are:
- PhD in a relevant field received within two years of starting the program;
- Proven publication record;
- Experience in data science and quantitative research; and
- Proficiency in technologies relevant to the subfield
How to apply for the Amazon Postdoctoral Science (APS) Program
- Postdoctoral Scientist – Machine Learning
- Postdoctoral Scientist – Operations, Information, and Technology Research
- Postdoctoral Scientist – Robotics
- Postdoctoral Scientist – Natural Language Processing, Alexa
Leave a Reply