100+ Accelerator Program for Startups worldwide | 2022 Entries
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2022
Applications are now open for the 100+ Accelerator Program 2022 for all innovators around the world working on sustainability
The 100+ Accelerator recognizes the need to combine efforts to develop and scale new and innovative solutions. Each corporate partner has set ambitious sustainability goals and knows that no one company can achieve them alone.
They support the Accelerator startups by providing mentoring, funding and opportunities to pilot and scale their ideas within their business and value chain. While these startups help us reach their goals, they in turn commit to being their advocates and champions in developing and growing their business with peer companies and investors.
They understand that new technologies and innovations are developed quickly, and 100+ Accelerator can bring us all closer to that cutting edge. They can work together to scale game-changing solutions and accelerate action.
The 100+ Accelerator delivers 6 months of remote programming and training to accelerate the collaboration and growth of cohort companies in addition to a pilot/alliance with their partner companies. You will receive support from a global team champion, access to mentor networks and up to $100K toward pilot execution.
The 100+ Accelerator was launched by AB InBev in 2018 to help the company reach its ambitious sustainability goals faster by finding startups that could deliver breakthrough advancements across five key sustainability pillars—water stewardship, smart agriculture, circular packaging, climate action and upcycling.
In its first two cohorts, more than half of the startups secured long term contracts with AB InBev. Also, in 2021, The Coca-Cola Company, Colgate-Palmolive Company and Unilver joined AB InBev’s 100+ Accelerator to fund and pilot sustainable innovation in supply chains. Furthermore, the in its first three cohorts, the 100+ Accelerator has worked with 70 startups in over 20 countries.
Benefits from the 100+ Accelerator Program for Startups worldwide | 2022 Entries
- Programming and remote training from key experts and mentors
- Up to $100k for pilot implementation
- Demo Day with world-class investors
- The 100+ Accelerator will provide support, guidance and access to potential funding through:
- Pilot customer opportunities with the four corporate partners: AB InBev, Unilever, Coca-Cola, and Colgate Palmolive (including the potential to scale company-wide)
- Active mentorship, training and programming in product development, go-to-market, operations, sales and more.
- Top mentor network of scientists, academics, domain experts, venture capitalists, corporate sustainability leaders, etc.
- Potential funding from Partner Companies and their networks
This year, they have concentrated and expanded to six challenge statements across a wide range of areas that all help contribute towards achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the 100+ Accelerator Partner Companies’ Sustainability Goals. The 6 challenges are:
- Smart Agriculture
- Water Stewardship
- Circular Economy
- Climate action
- Inclusive growth (equity, diversity and inclusion)
- Open to all. They are seeking startups from around the world to answer the challenges and are eager to identify technologies and best practices that can be shared across our businesses and beyond.
- The 100+ Accelerator is looking for innovative solutions that have the ability to scale quickly and make a significant impact on one or more challenge areas.
- The Accelerator focuses on startups that have a product in market or are prepared to go to market. Earlier stage companies will be considered by rare exception only.
- Also, the Accelerator is particularly interested in supporting great teams: companies led by passionate entrepreneurs who have surrounded themselves with diverse talent that are in the best position to succeed.
- Startups that have demonstrated traction in the form of IP, revenue, clients, pilots or contracts etc. will have the best chance of getting accepted.
Applicants will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Scoring will be assessed based on the following values:
- Fit with identified sustainability challenges
- Ability to demonstrate traction/product market fit
- Market expertise and team
- Capacity to carry out pilot in selected global zone
- Startups will need to complete all questions on the application form on F6S: [link below].
- Startups will also need to confirm that they are able to travel internationally and specifically to the United States. Please note, any travel throughout the program will be subject to biosafety measures and local vaccination requirements.
- Founders must have a valid passport with an expiry date of at least March 2023.
- Founders must also be willing to submit to a background check.
The vetting process has multiple stages, and the 100+ Accelerator is committed to communicating actively with startups along the way. Successful applicants will be notified several weeks after applications close.
Read also: Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position at The University of British Columbia
Leave a Reply